Whirlwind pcDI Dual DI Box
Click to enlarge
The Whirlwind pcDI is the first dual direct box with RCA phono connectors designed to interface your unbalanced, stereo line sources with professional, balanced, low impedance equipment.
This unit contains two separate DIs - input your signals with one 3.5mm (1/8 inch) mini TRS stereo jack or two sets of color coded RCA phono type input and through jacks. Output is via corresponding color coded XLRs.
Each section features a ground lift switch to help eliminate hum and a 20dB pad switch for connecting to HOT signals.
Perfect for interfacing with the outputs of CD players, computer sound cards, tape decks, etc.
Each section features:
- 3.5mm (1/8 inch) mini TRS stereo input jack (tip=left +, ring=right +, sleeve=common negative)
- Color coded RCA phono in/through jacks
- Color coded XLR output jacks
- Ground Lift switch to help eliminate hum and buzz
- 20dB pad switch for connection to "hot" input signals
- Uses Whirlwind's TRHL-M transformer with metal shield
Input Impedance: 2 X 20k Ohms
Output Impedance: 2 X 150 Ohms
Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz +/-1dB
Level Change (input to output): -20dB (pad out), -40dB (pad in)
Winner of Pro Audio Review's 2001 Par Excellence Award " . . . built like a tank!" - Jan 2002 issue